Orchard House Foods are currently recruiting for a Skilled Operatives to work at our Corby Site, we manufacture freshly prepared fruit for both the retail and convenience channels, as well as key foodservice partners. We make high quality, delicious food-to-go products.
In this role you will work in collaboration with the Team Leader, covering all aspects of operational performance within your designated area, ensuring all departmental KPI’s are met.
- To ensure Line/Cell set up is performed each morning and visual standards / product specification is in place. Line start up checks and intermediate cleans to be completed in line with internal procedures. Verification of Quality checks and Food Safety such as CCP checks and immersion checks to be completed correctly, recorded accurately and on time, in line with procedure.
- Be clear on the production plan / requirements within your designated area each morning, immediately reporting any issues or concerns to the Team Leader.
- To ensure machinery is running to its optimum efficiency to meet performance requirements are met or exceeded, ability to set up and adjust machinery accordingly, reporting any issues or concerns to the Team Leader.
- To measure and achieve departmental metrics against targets. To minimise waste in the department (spill points / efficient machine set up / use of part reels
- To ensure required specification (QCP, LCS, PPS, Quality Standard, Recipe Control, Prep appraisal) and traceability (NAV) is maintained at all times. To report production errors to the Team Leader immediately so that product can be reworked if required.
- To measure and achieve process performance against targets. To record on DWOR reasons for waste and downtime in the cell, ensuring data is accurate and forwarded to the Data team
- Monitor product quality at all times, reporting any concerns to the Team Leader.
- Good manufacturing practice enforced (colour coding / personal hygiene / hand washing / waste removal). Finds procedure followed for foreign body hazards identified in the area.
- To support the Team Leader in ensuring all employees are wearing required PPE in line with start-up checks (for example: hearing protection, thermal gloves, anti-slash gloves etc…). Perform PPE integrity checks.
- Accidents and hazards must be reported to the Team Leader / Shift Production Manager immediately. Hazards also to be logged on Hazard reporting cards.
- Support training activities / knowledge sharing.
- To make suggestions on ways to improve performance in your area and implement agreed actions.
- May be required to deputise in the absence of the Team Leader (must proactively seek to develop towards this level) and may also be required to work across different departments to suit the needs of the business/to develop business understanding and skills set.
- Will carry out other duties as required by the business.
- Ensure the safety, quality, authenticity and legality of our products are maintained at all times through compliance with Food Safety and quality procedures and systems.
What you will need for the role / what it will take
- Proven skill level relating to the area concerned.
- Able to understand and ensure compliance in all CCP’s, QCP’s and GMP in line with legal and technical requirements.
- Inherent understanding of site hygiene, technical, Quality and Health & Safety.
- Computer knowledge & an understanding of ERP (NAV) system.
- Effective communicator at all levels.
- Can demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary.
- Free Onsite Parking.
- Great shift pattern.
If this sounds like the company you’d like to contribute your energy and enthusiasm towards, and come on an exciting journey with us, then we can’t wait to hear from you!
Apply for this position
Use the form provided below to submit your job application: