To manage all aspects of Production Planning and ensuring all departmental procedures are followed to ensure that all operational key performance indicators are achieved, whilst complying with company policy, procedure and legal compliance.To maintain up to date, accurate and efficient data to take the necessary business decisions whilst meeting customer satisfaction.
·Manage and develop supplier relationships to ensure a smooth delivery of finished goods.
·Work closely with Procurement to ensure that all raw materials are available to achieve daily production plan and customer expectations.
·Provide efficient production plans to the teams that meet internal and external requirements in terms of quality, quantity, on time, cost.
·Manage the shift Production analysts to ensure production data is captured and acted upon in a timely manner, covering off Planning, OEE, Yields, Labour, fruit and packaging.
·Coach and support Management team to ensure a thorough understanding of the above and the effects of deviation from the plan and or, recording of inaccurate data.
·Ensure “good manufacturing practice” (GMP) is followed at all times. (Clean as you go, SOP adherence etc). Promote and encourage a Total Quality Management approach to our process and practices.
·Implement, manage and maintain a workable system for planning, forecasting, stock accuracy, product life span etc…
·Assist Operations team with related planning and data recording, plan adherence etc…
·Lead and coach management team on headcount accuracy, providing pivotal data at the daily labour meetings.
·Drive cost out activity/initiatives in line with business strategy, competitive edge and forward thinking.
- To adhere to all hygiene and departmental procedures to maintain and promote a high standard of workmanship.
- To implement and enforce all company policy and procedures including health and safety (checks, audits and risk assessments), SOP’s, company rules and regulations and Quality Management System.
- Take part in or lead special projects or investigations as required by the Senior Management Team.
- Ensure the safety, quality, authenticity and legality of our products are maintained at all times through compliance with Food Safety and quality procedures and systems.
- Will carry out other duties as may be required by the business.
Measures of Performance:
- Accident, Near miss and H&S audits carried out.
- Accuracy of planning and forecasting.
- Legal compliance.
- Adherence to plan.
- Manage assigned area to achieve output and efficiency targets. Departmental KPI’s (H&S, Planning, Scheduling, Stock accuracy, service levels, picking errors).
- Accuracy and consistency of reporting issues and concerns.
·Thorough understanding of overall business operations and commercial acumen.
·Lean approach to daily tasks and activities.
·Trained in all relevant company standards/SOP, or re-trained to take into account any changing legislative requirements.
·Lead/coach/motivate and develop other managers and co-workers.
·Continuously evaluate and communicate own development needs to meet ever changing needs of the business, law and the field within which we operate.
·Will appoint a deputy in his/her absence.
Knowledge & Skills:
·Proven skill level relating to the area concerned (to degree level or equivalent).
·Able to understand and implement Good Manufacturing Practice.
·Inherent understanding of site hygiene, technical, QA, HR and Health & Safety requirements.
·Must be able to lead, instruct and motivate others.
·Advanced computer knowledge (spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail).
·Excellent negotiating skills.
·Analytical and organised.
·Excellent communicator at all levels. Able to positively influence internal and external customers, staff and senior management with confidence in own ability.
·Able to analyse problems/situations when and before they arise, offering logical solutions appropriate to the needs of the business.
·Can demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude.
Apply for this position
Use the form provided below to submit your job application: