Purpose of role:
- To manage the performance of the manufacturing function, ensuring all KPI’s are met. This will be done by employing all good manufacturing practices and promoting a culture of continuous improvement in every aspect of the day-to-day operations of the shift. Tier accountability will play a key part in delivering results in Safety, Quality, People, Delivery and Cost.
- Responsible for leading your Team within a designated manufacturing zone, you will oversee the daily management, performance, and fulfilment of daily requirements – whilst continually developing your subordinates.
- To continually challenge procedures and practices in order to deliver sustained and consistent levels of performance – and continual improvement.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation at all times. This will be done with the use of safe systems of work and risk assessments. Create and execute action plans based on these systems.
- To ensure the facility complies with all relevant legal and technical requirements relating to product safety, at all times. Ensure “good manufacturing practice” (GMP) is followed at all times. (Clean as you go, SOP adherence etc). Promote, encourage and deliver a Total Quality Management approach to our process and practices.
- Lead, inspire and co-ordinate your production Team to meet the overall business aims and objectives. To monitor the performance of our people to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and key stakeholders. Identify and support the training requirements of all direct reports by working with the Shift Operations Manager and the HR function to ensure all areas of the business are covered. Identify and address any key skills shortfalls and succession planning programmes necessary to meet present and future business needs.
- Highlight to the Shift Operations Manager on a daily basis to inform and advise of any issues relevant to the successful running of the plant, both day to day and longer term to ensure we deliver on time in full to our customer.
- Manage holidays, sickness absence, labour costs, productivity, waste, yield and efficiencies on a daily basis. Control of budgets assigned. Continually looking to reduce overheads and costs where possible. Champion continuous improvement activities against KPI’s and product quality. Encourage team members to take ownership and accountability. Manage labour effectively to achieve better than budget productivity levels by identifying and eliminating all forms of waste
- Ensure the safety, quality, authenticity and legality of our products are maintained at all times through compliance with Food Safety and quality procedures and systems.
- Carry out other duties as and when required, including covering for peers and working across other areas of the factory as required.
Measures of Performance:
- Accident, Near miss and H&S audits.
- Production of quality driven product resulting in best possible customer compliance and satisfaction.
- Manage assigned area to achieve output and efficiency targets. Departmental KPI’s (H&S, OEE, Yields, NRFT, Overuse)
- Accuracy and consistency of reporting issues and concerns.
- Labour variances vs standards.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven production management skills in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Be familiar with and have practical experience of lean manufacturing production techniques, process improvements
- Able to understand and implement Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Inherent understanding of site hygiene, technical, QA and Health & Safety requirements.
- Must be able to lead, instruct and motivate others.
- Excellent communicator at all levels. Able to positively influence internal and external customers, staff and senior management with confidence in own ability.
- Able to analyse problems/situations when and before they arise, offering logical solutions appropriate to the needs of the business.
- Can demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude – advocating and championing change
- Project management Skills in an manufacturing environment
- Computer literacy (Email/Word/Excel),
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Safety First.
- Concern for Quality with Customer Focus.
- Operating Ethically and with Integrity.
- Fosters Teamwork and Diversity.
- Managing Performance.
- Champions Change.
- Interpersonal Communications.
- Cost and Commercial Awareness.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Planning and Control.
- Developing Self and Others
- Shift rota, 2 week rotating pattern with every other weekend off
- Access to health and wellbeing benefits
Salary: From £28,000 to £35,000 per annum
Apply for this position
Use the form provided below to submit your job application: