To run the approval and traceability system on all raw materials from supplier approval through to conversion into final product.
- Check incoming raw materials and packaging against specifications to confirm compliance to spec.
- Check incoming raw materials and packaging against supplier approval systems and approved lists to confirm the raw material is approved for use and can be released to the factory.
- Completion of paperwork and systems (RMA database, NAV) to ensure all checks documented for due diligence and traceability.
- Complete raw material re-checks to schedule, ensuring deviation or rejection is applied as appropriate, taking into account finished product quality.
- Management of the raw material concession process and approval liaising with operations and procurement for approvals, concessions and rejections.
- As part of the Technical department, you will be the technical/ quality approval of the raw material where required/ acceptable to be concessioned.
- Involvement in Quality Improvement Meetings and Projects with understanding of impact of raw material on finished product specification.
- Communication of intake results internally and externally.
- Input into procurement team by providing data and insight to support driving improvements of supplier service and materials through their regular review with suppliers.
- Liaise with production management, working with them to drive through raw material improvements.
- Investigate and action non-conformances of materials at all stages in production.
- Support the Technical Department in audit procedures covering both internal and external audits and covering factory and raw materials.
- An ability to present procedures to external auditors, to higher levels of management within the company and also to coach peer level managers in the industry requirements.
- Monitor and maintain all agreed departmental KPI’s.
- Ensure “good manufacturing practice” (GMP) is followed at all times. (Clean as you go, SOP adherence etc). Promote and encourage a Total Quality Management approach to our process and practices.
- Must have a thorough understanding of both high and standard care food operating requirements.
- Deputising for QA as required during periods of holiday/ absence to ensure business needs are met and rotate into QA role as required to ensure training and knowledge is maintained.
Knowledge & Skill:
- An understanding of raw materials specifications.
- Must have a general understanding of site hygiene, technical, QA and Health & Safety procedures.
- An understanding of high and standard care food operating standards.
- An understanding of the importance of traceability to the business and where it links into the quality management system.
- An understanding of the principles of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point techniques.
- A high level of concentration and attention to detail combined with a commitment to ‘right first time’.
- Computer knowledge (spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail).
Apply for this position
Use the form provided below to submit your job application: